This Mexican Apple Pecan Salad is an amazing treat that is often eaten during the holidays. With such a fantastic flavor, you are going to want to make this fabulous side dish all year long.
Mexican Apple Pecan Salad
A traditional Mexican apple pecan salad is especially popular during the holiday season but it is often eaten all year long. It makes a fantastic side dish to burgers, grilled meats, and fish. It’s so delicious that it is delicious even as a small snack. This salad is sweet, a tad savory, and a little tart, it’s a perfect combination of flavors and textures. Some people like to add a touch of sugar or sweetened condensed milk.
- Granny Smith apples
- Red Delicious apple
- Shredded carrot
- Mexican creme (crema) or substitute with creme fraiche
How to Make a Mexican Apple Pecan Salad
This salad is extremely easy to make. Using a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients together, except for the mayo and sour crème.
Once it is mixed together well, add the mayonnaise and sour crème and stir together again.
Let the salad sit in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before serving.
This salad tastes best when served cold and after the flavors have had time to blend together.
What to Serve with Mexican Apple Pecan Salad
This Mexican Apple Pecan salad can be served by itself as a snack or it can be served as a side dish. You can serve this salad side dish with
Hamburgers: This goes great with just about any kind of cheeseburger or hamburger.
Is this a Mexican Christmas Apple Salad?
This Mexican Christmas Apple Salad is very popular during the Christmas holidays but it is often served all year long. It is great for get togethers, picnics and pot lucks. This is such a simple salad to make, you might want to make it once a month just because you love it.
What are the Best Apples for This Salad?
You can use any kind of apple that you like in this salad, however, I really like o use 2 different types of apples. I like to use a sweet apple with a crunch like Red Delicious and then a tart apple like a Granny Smith. You can feel free to use two or more apples or go with one type of apple.
More Delicious Salad Recipes You Will Love
Mexican Apple Pecan Salad
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large Red Delicious apple cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup of shredded carrot 1 medium size
- 3.5 oz or a heaping ½ cup of raisins
- ½ cup of chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup Mexican creme crema or substitute with creme fraiche
- salt to taste and optional
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except the mayo and sour crème, mix until ingredients are combined as well as possible.
- Next add the mayonnaise and sour crème and again stir until all of the ingredients are well coated with the mixture.
- Allow to sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- This salad tastes best when served cool and after being allowed to sit for a little while to let the flavors all come together.