This is the most amazing Apple Crumb Bread you will ever make. It is so moist with a touch of sweet and a touch of tart from the granny smith apples. You are going to love how easy this bread is to make. It is perfect for a fall dessert or a special breakfast.
Apple Crumb Bread
Apple bread just screams fall. It has amazing flavors. If you have extra apples, from apple picking or because they are on sale, you will want to make this apple bread. Make extras to give as gifts or to keep some in the freezer. If you love sweet breads, you will also love Pumpkin Streusel Bread, Pineapple Coconut Bread and Banana Bread in a Jar
Ingredients for Apple Bread
- Sugar- The sugar adds sweetness to the bread.
- Brown sugar- This will allow for a richer flavor.
- Flour- Use all purpose flour for the best results.
- Unsalted butter- The unsalted butter will control the amount of salt in your recipe.
- Baking powder- If you only have self rising flour, you do not need to add the baking powder.
- Kosher salt– Salt always brings out the flavors in any recipe.
- Ground cinnamon– Cinnamon and apples go fantastic together.
- Eggs– The eggs will help with the form of your bread.
- Milk- You are able to use whole or 2% milk.
- Pure vanilla– For best flavoring always use pure vanilla.
- Granny smith apples– Always best to have your apples peeled and chopped.
How to Make Apple Crumb Bread
Combine the sugar, brown sugar, and flour into a medium mixing bowl until combined, then stir in the melted butter until combined and it starts to clump together.
Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with Pam and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk together the sugar, eggs, and melted butter in another larger mixing bowl until well combined, then pour in the milk and vanilla and whisk until combined. After that is mixed well, add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Gently fold in the chopped apples and take the batter and scoop it into the loaf pan.
Then take your crumbs and sprinkle on the batter, then press it lightly into the batter,
For 45-55 minutes bake your ingredients, or until a toothpick tester in the center of the loaf comes out clean, then remove and allow to cool thoroughly in the pan.
Serve and Dig In!
What’s the Best Apple for This Bread?
You want to make sure you are using baking apples. Apples that are not baking apples have a problem with either not getting soft when baking or getting too soft. This recipe calls for sweet granny smith apples. For the best crunch and sweetness, granny smith apples will be the best option.
What Goes in a Crumb Topping?
A typical crumb topping is usually made from sugar, brown sugar, flour, and butter. Sometimes there are additional flavors like cinnamon or nutmeg, but this is a basic crumb topping.
More Apple Desserts
- Easy Apple Dumplings Casserole (3-ingredients)
- Apple Pie Tacos
- Apple Pie Cupcakes Recipe
- Air Fryer Apple Pie Wontons
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Apple Crumb Bread
Crumb Topping :
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 C plus 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter melted
apple bread ingredients:
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter melted
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 C Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 C peeled and chopped granny smith apples
Crumb Topping Directions
- Using a small bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, and flour until combined
- Mix in the melted butter until combined and clumping together
Apple bread Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x5 loaf pan with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
- In another large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and melted butter until well combined
- Add the milk and vanilla and whisk until combined
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan
- Sprinkle the crumb topping on the batter, pressing it lightly into the batter
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean
- Allow the bread to cool completely in the loaf pan
- Remove, cut and enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.