Now you can make the easiest Homemade Slushie Recipe right in your kitchen! These Kool Aid slushies are perfect for quenching your thirst on a hot day. Plus, your kids will love it. You’re looking at a new family favorite drink.
Better Than Sonic Slushies
Enjoying the sunshine during summer break as a family is a fantastic way to spend a vacation. After playing in the backyard or going on a bike ride, a refreshing slushie (aka slushy) is a great way to cool off. They’re cold, sweet, AND tasty! It’s also so inexpensive to make. All you have to buy is the drink mix and soda (you likely have sugar already). You can make ice right at home. Altogether it takes like 5 minutes so you can make them on demand and enjoy them outside while you relax.
I remember buying slushies as a kid from the gas station around the corner. They were so cold and delicious! We would always drink them way too fast and get brain freeze, but we didn’t care. I would have had one every day if I could! Now I look back at the fond memories of my childhood during summer break. Slushies are so nostalgic for me and now my kids get to enjoy them, too.
Kool Aid Slushie Ingredients
It takes just 4 ingredients to make the best homemade slushie!
- Club Soda: Make sure it’s nice and cold.
- Drink Mix: Kool-Aid is a great choice for this recipe.
- Ice Cubes: Have 3-4 cups ready so you can find the perfect ratio.
How to Make a Slushie
Just a couple of steps and you and your kids will be sipping on refreshing slushies.
- Add Ingredients. Pour club soda, sugar, drink mix, and ice cubes into a blender.
- Blend. Blend it all together until it’s your desired consistency. Adjust with ice and club soda.
- Serve. Pour into cups and enjoy! That’s it!
How to Make a Slushie With a Blender
To make the perfect slushie with a blender, be sure it is a high-speed blender that can crush ice. Some cheaper blenders have a hard time with ice so look for that setting on your blender model before you begin.
Then, all you have to do is blend the ingredients! If you see and drink mix powder sink to the bottom, shut off the blender, and give it a quick stir. It really is so easy and you don’t need to spend money on a slushie maker.
Tips and Variations
Here are some substitution ideas for different flavors of slushies. Plus, a couple of helpful tips!
- Club Soda. Tonic water and Sprite are good substitutions for club soda.
- Kool-Aid. You can use any flavor you want! Turn it into something creative like one of the Starburst drink mixes or root beer. Mix flavors if you want. Make it your own!
- Storage. I do not recommend storing leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer. Only make what you need and make extra if you feel like you need it. It’s best served immediately!
- Ice. There’s no need to buy ice for this. Freeze some ice cube trays or use your ice maker if you have one.
- Alcohol. Add a little tequila, rum, etc to make it a fun adult beverage. You can even use flavored liquor, too.
More Ice Cold Drink Recipes to Try This Summer
- Blueberry Lemonade
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Chick Fil A Frosted Lemonade
- Southern Peach Tea
- Pineapple Lemonade
Looking For Boozy Options? Try These Cocktails
- Malibu Barbie Drink
- Rumchata Root Beer Float
- Boozy Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Cotton Candy Margarita
- Cherry Limeade Cocktail
- 8 ounces club soda (cold)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon drink mix powder, such as Kool-aid
- 3-4 cups ice
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend until thick or desired consistency (however you like your slushies).
- Start with 3 cups of ice and add more if needed.
- You’re done! Once you’ve achieved your desired consistency, serve it up and enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.